Upcoming Programs and Events (insha Allah):
Click Here To Donate
Voting for 2019 ICHC Board Elections Has Begun
Instructions for Voting in ICHC 2019 Election: As you know from our previous emails, it is time once again for ICHC Board of Trustees elections. This year, there are three positions open on the Board. ICHC Members will have the option of voting in person or by email. Both in person and email voting will begin on Friday, March 8, insha Allah. You must be a registered ICHC member to vote in the election.
In Person Voting:
Voting in person will be held at the following times and locations, insha Allah:
- Friday, March 8, at the masjid starting immediately after Jumaa and ending at 2:30 PM, and then again after between 8:15 PM and 8:45 PM (after Isha).
- Sunday, March 10, between 10:00 AM and 1:00 PM at the Sunday School.
Elections Committee members will verify membership status before handing over the paper ballot. You will have the option to select up to 3 candidates on the ballot. Ballots with 3 selections or less will be accepted; however, ballots with more than 3 selections will be rejected.
Voting by email will be open starting Friday, March 8, and will end promptly at 11:59 PM on Saturday, March 9, insha Allah. Emails containing your vote must be received before 11:59 PM on Saturday. Please send your email votes to email@example.com. The email should follow the following format:
I, (Complete name with First name and the Last name) live at (Complete residential address). I vote for:
First Candidate Name
Second Candidate Name
Third Candidate Name
- Each member must send their own vote using their own email. Any email containing votes from multiple voters will be discarded.
- You may vote for one, two or three candidates. Any email that lists more than three candidates will be rejected.
Candidate Profiles: There are four candidates running in this year's election. Their profiles are provided below.
- Nazish Huq has been a member of the ICHC community since Feb 2016. She has been the FB coordinator for the past 1.5 years and a member of the Sunday School newsletter committee since Nov 2018. Naz received her Master's from Rutgers University. She has 17 years of project management experience in the pharma industry. Naz has volunteered her time at each of her positions to ensure informal networking and team building within the work environment. She has also been a member of Council for the Advancement of Muslim Professionals and volunteered her time on sub-committees and as Deputy Director for CAMP Leadership Summits.
- Haroon Tahir was elected to the ICHC Board of Trustee from 2011-2015 where he served as the Treasurer. He has served as a member of the Programming, Zakat and Khutbah committee. He is currently a Sunday school teacher (2006 - ), where he teaches Islamic Studies. Haroon was also part of Administrator/Commissioner of JAMS (Jersey Association of Muslim Sports) a subsidiary of Muslim Youth Community Center (MYCC) (2010 - 2017). Br. Haroon has a B.S. in Computer Science from Rutgers University and is currently employed as a Technical Architect at Pfizer.
- Hafizuddin Kureshi is a Sales/Application Engineer at a renowned HVAC sales company representing various commercial HVAC product manufacturing companies in NJ and NY territories. He is responsible for projects as well as accounts management and application engineering in association with OEMs, MEP consulting engineers, mechanical contractors and end users. He has over twenty years of related experience in engineering system solutions. Hafizuddin holds a Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical) and MBA (Marketing) degrees. Hafizuddin has been living in Flemington since 2002 and has played a major and successful role in conducting ICHC Board Elections since 2004. He has also volunteered and actively participated in 'Iftars' and community dinners at ICHC.
- Habib Laktaif has served on the ICHC board for the past four years in the capacity of Treasurer. He has also been a member of the Zakat and Fundraising Committees and has been involved in the construction project of the new Masjid. Professionally, he is a certified accountant and financial advisor with over 17 years of experience in the field of taxation, accounting and small business management and consulting. Habib has an MA, MBA and a Technical Certificate in Accounting. He is the founder and CEO of Laktaif Tax & Business Services, LLC; a practice that offers all kinds of tax and accounting services to individuals, corporations, partnerships, fiduciary and non-for-profits organizations. It also provides tax compliance and financial and business consulting to start-ups, small to mid-size business ventures and acquisitions. Habib is a member of the AICPA, the IMA and the NAEA, and serves on the boards of several non-for-profit organizations.